Return to Forum

MURDER AT CITY HALL COUNCILMAN JAMES E. DAVIS' STORY

Geoffrey A. Davis

Original Post

Posted on:
October 9, 2010
Posted in:
Seen in Brooklyn
Tuesday, November 23 6:00pm - 8:00pm Tribeca Cinemas 54 Varick St New York, NY 10013 (718) 221-2911 300 seats. 100 seats available per screening: Screening times. 6pm, 6:40pm, 7:15pm. $10 admission per screening. Free popcorn & soda.. Final screening will be followed by a Q&A with Director & a Special guest. All proceeds go toward the James E. Davis Multicultural Museum of Peace Run Time: 30 minutes Director: Geoffrey A. Davis, MS Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN-N5dTIbo Reviews: The documentary was spectacular and well done. The next step for you is to have the movie, I was truly touched and I want you to know its people like you who inspire me to join in an STOP THE VIOLENCE. Take care of yourself. -bless, Kami Kane... James Davis Family and Friends, Thank you so much for that positive energy and all the unconditional love at last night's screening. I am so sorry that I did not know James Davis in life as in this documentary it is plain to see that his charisma was electrifying and his committment exemplary. We lost a real driving force of nature and as well as his family and followers, I can very well understand your committment to keeping his mission before you. Clearly, the neccessity continues. Being there last night reminded me of my time in the company of Malcom X and his constituents. Being in your copmpany last night also really helped me to put my personal grief in perspective and give focus to 'moving on'. Thank you so much and please keep me informed. Much Blessings, Mari Toussaint... Directions Tribeca Cinemas 54 Varick Street (at Laight Street) SUBWAY 1, A, C, E, trains to Canal Street Sponsored by: Apple Bank, NY State Senator John Sampson, NY State Senator Eric Adams, NY Councilwoman Letitia James, Tribeca Cinemas, JEDSVF, Forest City Ratner Companies, Home Depot, District Council 37, BAC TRIBECA CINIMAS http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156290314404830&ref=mf

Geoffrey A. Davis

Posted on:
October 9, 2010

The James E. Davis Stop Violence Foundation Dedicated To The Struggle, Inc is Doing Business As James E. Davis Stop Violence Foundation. (JEDSVF). JEDSVF began as LOVE YOURSELF STOP THE VIOLENCE, a not for profit organization dedicated to stopping violence in America. JEDSVF has grown to now encompass multiple causes with its multiple culture reach. The parent organization to the foundation is Dedicated To The Struggle, Inc. James E. Davis, a New York City Councilman, Founded Love Yourself Stop The Violence in 1990 to unite inner city communities and teach them self love and respect. By learning self love, communities become empowered to fight drugs and poverty. Love Yourself Stop The violence is a grass roots organization funded by donations from our supporters. Today we continue to grow through the hard work and dedication of our members under the organizations new title, simply the James E. Davis Stop Violence Foundation. Our mission is to end violence, by promoting Peace and Reconciliation. We seek to holistically build lives through Character, Education and through Conflict Resolution with Compassion. Our goal is to continue bringing awareness to violence, health and education in inner city communities. Each year we hold our Annual James E. Davis Multi Cultural Peace Breakfast (inside New York City Hall) and our Annual James E. Davis (Love Yourself Stop The Violence) Family Day Peace Walk in Brooklyn. These two events generate large media coverage and reach thousands if not millions of people. We take park in the Prostate Cancer Awareness program in partnership with Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, we also hold Annual Men of Faith Peace Breakfast at Bedstuy Applebee?s feeding more than 500 people for free. In addition to the 17th Annual Love Yourself Stop The Violence Peace Walk, we introduced the first ever in NYC, The James E. Davis Multicultural Museum of Peace (former home of Councilman Davis). Currently, we're screening the historic documentary ?Murder At City Hall Councilman James E. Davis Story? We screened to thousands of people thus far. In addition to the documentary, We continue holding much needed General Equivalency Diploma preparation courses (GED) & also showcase our Annual Photographic Art Exhibit at the James E. Davis Art Bldg 80 Hanson Pl.(80 Arts) Brooklyn, NY highlighting the peace movement through out NYC. With your assistance, we?re looking for huge results in the Stop The Violence Campaign. With great pride, we are very happy to be aligned with countless organizations and we're looking forward to assisting people and saving lives. See you at the screening... For more info please call (718) 221-2911

Log-in to :