Posted on:March 28, 2013
Jamel Gaines’ Creative Outlet Dance Theatre of Brooklyn is a world-renowned dance company dedicated to enriching our communities through artistic excellence. Our company has been lauded internationally and nationally for the "richness of dance tone" and "contagious vitality" of its productions.
Creative Outlet’s dance-theatre has been featured on international stages in a wide variety of countries such as Italy, England, Mexico, Spain, and Jamaica. Our work has seen prestigious stages such as the Lincoln Center, The Apollo Theatre, the Brooklyn academy of Music, the Paramount Theatre, and Central Park’s SummerStage.
Artists from our company and school have gone on to work with Broadway productions such as Fela!, The Lion King, and Memphis and collaborated with celebrities such as Beyonce, Madonna, Rihanna, and Michael Jackson.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will assist in the strategic planning, policy development
and new business planning, executive problem solving and strategy implementation of Creative Outlet.
The Finance Manager intern will be responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly payroll for submittal to payroll service. Must be able to do payroll in-house as required.
- Prepare weekly accounts payable through in-house accounting system. Prepare deposits of contributions and other income sources.
- Maintain general ledger, provide quarterly finance reports (or more frequently as requested) to Board and senior managers. Develop and provide comprehensive financial reporting packages to meet the needs of the board, internal directors, and outside stakeholders such as lending institutions, grant funders, etc.
- Assist with cash flow tracking and projections, as well as long-range planning.
- Involved in special finance projects as directed by the board of directors or the executive, artistic director. Generate standard financial statements as well as prepare special financial analysis and interpretation as needed.
Creative Outlet has a small staff and a friendly working environment. Interns are an important part of our office, and are active contributors to the maintenance of Creative Outlet.
The Finance Manager Intern must be able to help with special finance projects as directed by the board of directors or the Executive Artistic Director and must also be able to generate standard financial statements as well as prepare special financial analysis and interpretation as needed.
- Ability to earn income and to create a job.
- Summer internship
- Include email address and phone number.