Posted on:April 10, 2013
Dancewave seeks a Summer 2013 Development Intern to assist the Associate Director of Development and Executive Director in the execution of fundraising activities for the organization. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain real, hands on experience in non-profit development, and arts administration. Skills cultivated under the guidance of the Dancewave directors during this internship will assist the aspiring arts administrator in future professional pursuits.
• Assist Assoc. Dir. Of Dev. with quarterly board meetings (research potential venues, organize meeting materials)
• Coordinate, write and submit foundation, corporate and government grant proposals
• Research and track new foundation funding opportunities
• Support ED and Assoc. Dir. Of Dev. in launching a capital campaign
• Create new cultivation materials for potential donors
• Track incoming donations and mail acknowledgment letters
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Positive and professional demeanor, flexible, can-do attitude
• Interest in Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Some grant writing experience and familiarity with funder research resources (preferred, not required)
Start Date: May 28, 2013 – August 23, 2013
3-4 month commitment with preferred 20 hours per week.
Schedule flexibility available
Compensation: Monthly stipend available.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter, and two-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject title “Development Internship”.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2013
Dancewave transforms the lives of New York City youth through unique exposure to world-class, pre-professional performing arts training. Dancewave’s programs include: DANCE TRAINING (The School at Dancewave, Summer Dance Intensive); ARTS IN EDUCATION (D-Wave in Motion, Public School Master Class Tour), PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES (Dancewave Company (DC), DC II, DC III, Young Movers Ensemble) and COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE (Kids Cafe Festival, Spring Celebration.) For more information, please visit www.dancewave.org.