Posted on:
April 17, 2013

The Bushwick Starr and Eliza Bent Present:

The Hotel Colors

Written by Eliza Bent

Directed by Anna Brenner

Performances May 8 - 25, Wednesdays – Saturdays at 8pm

Preview performance: Tuesday, May 7th at 8pm

In Eliza Bent’s debut production six travelers, both young and ancient, spend one night in a rundown hostel in the outskirts of Rome. Speaking in direct translation from Italian into English the eccentric voyagers form a temporary community and unexpected friendships as they fail--and flail--in their attempts to communicate. Welcome to The Hotel Colors. Would Formal You like to take a coffee with me?Can I control my email now?I ask excuse of you!

The Hotel Colors features Christine Holt, Alessandro Magania (The Wooster Group’s Hamlet), Linda Mancini (Vision Disturbance), Federico Rodriguez (The Record), Kourtney Rutherford (Ich Kurbisgeist, In the Pony Palace/FOOTBALL), and Howard Thoresen*. 

The Hotel Colors is written by Eliza Bent (Half Straddle); directed by Anna Brenner; produced by Regina Vorria (Evelyn); dramaturged and associate produced by Sarah Rose Leonard; set design by Blanca Añón; costume design by Ásta Hostetter; lighting design by Yi Zhao; sound design by Ken Goodwin.

*Appearing courtesy of Actors' Equity Association

SPECIAL EVENTS

PARLARE IN ITALIANO AL HOTEL COLORS - Thursday, May 9

SINGLES NIGHT AT THE HOTEL COLORS- Friday, May 10   

BIKE TO THE HOTEL COLORS NIGHT - Friday, May 17 (National Bike to Work day!)    

Event perks include: *Post-show bilingual panel discussion, drink ticket to Mazelle bar, pizza nibbles from Grandma Roses's/Fortunata's, free gelato from L'Arte del Gelato

(*May 9 only)  

Log-in to :