Posted on:May 3, 2013
From Boerum Hill to Bergen Beach. Fort Greene to Flatlands. Cobble Hill to Canarsie. It's only Brooklyn when you count every neighborhood and every community.
The Art of Brooklyn Film Festival is the first to showcase emerging filmmakers who are Brooklyn-born, Brooklyn-based and Brooklyn-centric. We are as diverse, vital and international as the borough itself. And everyone is invited to our party.
Now in our third year, the AoBFF only features films and filmmakers that have a meaningful connection to Brooklyn. That means cast or crew were born and raised here, or now live and work here. We also screen films from across the country and around the world that were shot in or inspired by Brooklyn.
The AoBFF programs features, shorts, documentaries, experimental/art films, comedies, dramas, horror and suspense... all with real Brooklyn cred.
2013 Highlights include:
• RESCUE! BROOKLYN, a documentary about Brooklyn's Sean Casey Animal Rescue, directed by Charlie Spickler
• CASUAL ENCOUNTERS, a comedy/drama about people looking for sex and love online, directed by Will McCord
• HOW TO MAKE MOVIES AT HOME, a comedy about a band of indie microbudget filmmakers in Maine, directed by Morgan Nichols
• AMERICAN BOMBER, a timely drama about a disgraced ex-soldier who sets out to become the first American-born suicide bomber, directed by Eric Trenkamp
• ONE WALL: KINGS OF CONEY ISLAND, a documentary about the Coney Island Handball Championships, directed by Joe Glickman
• FIVE SENSES OF FEAR, an original horror anthology feature from Chiller TV, premiering at the AoBFF!
DATES: May 15-19
PRICE: $10 online/$12 at the door
For full schedule, trailers, tickets and more go to: http://aobff.org and http://aobff.eventbrite.com/
Use promo code FRIENDS to save $2 on any ticket online!
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/AoBFF
Follow us on Twitter: @TheArtofBklyn