Posted on:October 17, 2013
CALL TO ARTISTS
NYC Parks’ Ebony Society invites you submit your work for an exhibition in the Arsenal Gallery, Central Park in celebration of Black History Month.
The March: The Past, Present, and Future of the Civil Rights Movement
The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom August 28, 1963 was a historic event that propelled the Civil Rights Movement. A half century later we celebrate that moment but also look forward. Artists and photographers are encouraged to submit images of work that reflect the struggles and victories of the Civil Rights Movement past, present and future, as well as those individuals who have advanced the cause.
Submission Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2013
Exhibition dates: Wednesday, January 22 – February 26, 2014
All submissions should include:
- A brief description of proposed artwork or artist’s statement
- Up to 15 slides, photos, or images on a CD of representative work. Do not send original work
- Slide list, numbered to correspond to slides or photos with title, date, materials used and the dimensions of the work
- Artist’s Resume
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope. (We cannot return submissions without a SASE)
- The work can be incomplete at the time of submission, but if so, please provide a summary or sketch
Exhibition proposals will be reviewed and selected by the Ebony Society.· All media are considered, but please note that the gallery has a very limited capacity for 3-dimensional work. Artwork may only be hung from moldings by use of monofilament and hooks.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Applicants will be notified whether their work has been accepted for exhibition by December 6, 2013.
Proposals can be sent to:
Arsenal Gallery, NYC Parks & Recreation
The Arsenal, Central Park
830 Fifth Avenue, Room 20
New York, NY 10065