OPENING RECEPTION:
TUESDAY, 12/03/2013,
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

EXHIBITION:
WEDNESDAY, 12/04 - SUNDAY, 12/08
12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Appointment only on Wednesday

Ryotaro Ogawa

Every picture is a reflection of my innermost thoughts. Painting a picture means looking deep into myself. Who I am is reflected in my paintings. I want my works to be something the viewer can relate to.My belief is that art doesn’t mean anything without the public. There’s a process to Japanese-style painting.Creating preparatory drawings is a part of it. It enables me to rethink and review the concept many times before working on the final painting.By doing so, I get more focused on what I really want to express through the artwork. I like the subtle expression in Japanese-style painting.It reflects my inner self and my identity as a Japanese person. Being a Nihon-ga (Japanese –style painting) artist is important to me because of the beauty and profound spirituality in it.

1986 Born in Kyoto city, Japan
2009 B.F.A. in Japanese-style Painting Kyoto Seika University

Past Exhibitions:

May. Art Dive#4, Kyoto International Exhibition Hall, Kyoto, Japan

January. "4th 100 Artist Exhibition"(Group Show) Ouchi Gallery, New York, USA
February. "35th Artex In NY" (Group Show) Ward-Nasse Gallery,  New York , USA
June. "5th 100 Aritst Exhibition"(Group Show) Ouchi Gallery, New York, USA
August. "Food Expo 202", a group exhibition for promoting Japanese food, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, Hong KongOctober.
"The 5th Platinum Art Prize 2012"(Juried exhibition), selected for "Excellent Prize", Hitotsubashi Art Gallery, Tokyo, Japan

March. Group Show "beyond", Dohjidai Gallery, Kyoto, Japan
August. "Sekai Painting Grand Prize" (Juried group exhibition) Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan

Log-in to :