Posted on:December 12, 2013
Dancewave seeks a Winter/Spring Public Relations and Social Media Intern to assist the Associate Director of Marketing in the execution of press and social media activities for the organization. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain real, hands on experience in a non-profit arts organization. Skills cultivated under the guidance of the Dancewave directors during this internship will assist students or recent graduates interested in Communications, Public Relations and Marketing
· Assist with press kit creation
· Assist with organization and archiving of press files
· Assist in editing of documents prior to publication/distribution
· Monitor social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram)
· Conduct research to encourage social media partnerships
· Superb written and verbal communication skills
· Highly detail oriented
· Positive and professional demeanor, flexible, can-do attitude
· Interest in Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Graphic design skills a plus
Start Date: As soon as possible
3-4 month commitment with preferred 20 hours per week.
Schedule flexibility available
Compensation: Monthly stipend available.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter, and two-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject title “PR and Social Media Intern”.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2013
Dancewave transforms the lives of New York City youth through unique exposure to world-class, pre-professional performing arts training. Dancewave’s programs include: DANCE TRAINING (The School at Dancewave, Summer Dance Intensive); ARTS IN EDUCATION (D-Wave in Motion, Public School Master Class Tour), PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES (Dancewave Company (DC), DC II, DC III, Young Movers Ensemble) and COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE (Kids Cafe Festival, Spring Celebration.) For more information, please visit www.dancewave.org.