Posted on:December 12, 2013
Dancewave seeks a Winter/Spring 2014 Education Intern to assist the Director of Education and School Administrator in the management of Dancewave’s education programs. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain real, hands on experience in a non-profit arts organization. Skills cultivated during this internship will assist aspiring arts administrators interested in pursuing a career in arts administration or dance education.
• Respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries regarding classes and space rentals at Dancewave
• Process registration and payments in Dancewave’s online database (Salesforce)
• Assist with planning of various Dancewave school events and performances
• Observe and assist teaching artists during classes
• Check in and process payments for adult students
• Assist in the daily maintenance of the studio and office
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Positive and professional demeanor, flexible, can-do attitude
• Interest in Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Knowledge of database similar to Mindbody or Salesforce
Start Date: January 22nd, 2014 – TBD
3-4 month commitment with 20 hours per week preferred.
Schedule flexibility available
Compensation: Monthly travel stipend provided
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject title “Education Intern”.
Dancewave transforms the lives of New York City youth through unique exposure to world-class, pre-professional performing arts training. Dancewave’s programs include: DANCE TRAINING (The School at Dancewave, Summer Dance Intensive); ARTS IN EDUCATION (D-Wave in Motion, Public School Master Class Tour), PRE-PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES (Dancewave Company (DC), DC II, DC III, Young Movers Ensemble) and COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE (Kids Cafe Festival, Spring Celebration.) For more information, please visit www.dancewave.org.