Posted on:May 16, 2014
The DUMBO Arts Festival is the single largest free art event in New York City, bringing innovative and challenging artwork to a diverse audience and providing a career-making platform for artists from around the world.
Founded in 1997 as the Art Under the Bridge Festival, the three-day happening was initially established as a grass roots artists' initiative. Taking advantage of the unique urban landscape and high density of artist studios in DUMBO, Brooklyn, the first Art Under the Bridge Festival included open studios, live music and dance performances, and an art parade.
Now in its eighteenth year, the DUMBO Arts Festival stays true to its roots, presenting performance, projections, and sculptural interventions in the streets, along with gallery exhibitions and open studios.
DUMBO Arts Festival 2014 Official Dates and Hours:
- Friday, September 26th, 6pm - 9pm
- Saturday, September 27th, noon - 9pm
- Sunday, September 28th, noon - 6pm
Outdoor projections on view through midnight all three nights.
Benefits of participating in the DUMBO Arts Festival include:
- Opportunity to present work in NYC's most spectacular waterfront neighborhood under two very impressive bridges
- Exposure to large new audiences and networking with fellow artists and art lovers
- Inclusion in the DUMBO Arts Festival 2014 Guide and Map
- Recognition on the official DUMBO Arts Festival website www.dumboartsfestival.com
- Press and social media coverage
- Cash prizes and a Grand Prize of one year studio in DUMBO
The deadline for submissions is May 20th, and the application fee is $20.
To apply CLICK HERE!
For more information please visit www.dumboartsfestival.com or email us at email@example.com.