The Fall 2014 Agnes Varis Visiting Artist Fellowship will provide a woman artist the opportunity to develop a new body of work exploring ideas and techniques using the medium of glass. Fellowships are eight weeks in length, and include access to all areas of UrbanGlass’ 17,000-square-foot glass working studio.
- A private workspace within the UrbanGlass Studio.
- Scheduled access to all UrbanGlass studios, technical support and instruction.
- Budget to cover materials and studio fees for the length of fellowship (to be outlined in the fellowship agreement, prior to the start of term).
- An honorarium of $1,500 for artist’s discretionary use.
- Fellowship does not include room and board.
DEADLINES AND DATES
- Application due by 5 pm, Friday, August 22, 2014
- Recipient will be notified by Friday, September 5, 2014
- Fellowship must begin between October and December 2014
UrbanGlass' newly renovated 17,000-square-foot facility contains a complete glassworking studio with a hot shop, cold shop, flameworking studio, neon shop, and kiln shop. The fellow may make use of any or all of these areas of the studio.
JUDGING CRITERIA AND NOTIFICATION
UrbanGlass fellowships are designed to provide an artist with the opportunity to develop a body of work and explore newtechniques using the medium of glass. Artists will be chosen on the basis of past work and specific plans for utilizing UrbanGlass’ facilities as described in their proposal. Artists working both within and outside the glass field art encouraged to apply. A selection committee of artists and critics will review applications. Notification of selection will be made no later than Friday, September 5, 2014.
For more information, please visit: