Horizons Leadership Project's Creative Writing Program

Horizons Leadership Project

Original Post

Forum Event
Event Time:
Dec 20, 2014-Mar 7,15
Posted on:
December 5, 2014
This winter the Horizons Leadership Project will be offering a free ten-week creative writing program for Brooklyn teens 11 -18 years old.  The program will include an academic component and all of the programs participants will recieve supplies and a program t-shirt.

Program Objectives:

Academic Program:  We will provide the young people in the program with academic support through a tutoring program where necessary and a series of skill building workshops.  Horizons staff will also work to help the young people to set short and long term goals for the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year. 

Writing Program:  Students will work with our staff and guest artist to develop their play and screenwriting skills.  At the conclusion of the program the young people will share their work with their families, friends and supporters of the program.

Overall:  The objective of the program is to provide a safe enjoyable space were young people will grow and find a sense of direction and support.

WHAT: Creative Writing Program - Focusing on play & screen writing
WHEN: Saturday Afternoons - December 20th Thru March 7 (with two weeks off for Christmas & New Years)
WHERE: Downtown Brooklyn around the corner from the Marriott Hotel (I will share the address with people who contact me)
WHAT TIME: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
COST: FREE
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP: Either call 718-344-3178 or email me at johnson.chris27@yahoo.com

Log-in to :