Return to Forum

Meet The Free Portrait Project: Crown Heights

Original Post

Posted on:
April 16, 2015
Posted in:
Crowdfunding Campaigns
Dear BAC Family,

www.wearecrownheights.org is off to an amazing start.  It's been incredible watching support come in from neighbors, local merchants, friends and family, from California to Nashville and all across Brooklyn.  Thanks so much to everyone who's shared our story and supported the campaign with donations large and small, because every drop in the bucket adds up. There's so much to look forward to, so many live painting events coming up, community connections to make, stories to hear and tell.

I'm overwhelmed at the abundance of enthusiasm from friends and strangers from far and wide write in to say, "it's so cool that you're doing this!"  What a cool project!"   This work is so beautiful and so important."  Over 100 neighbors have written in already to say "I want a portrait!  pick me!" and "please paint my grandmother."

We still have a long way to go, and we need everyone to come together to make it happen.  If one thousand of us donate $40, we'll be fully funded.  We need to take all the enthusiasm that we have for this project and turn it into dollars in the bucket.

So if you've got $10,000 to donate today, we'll take it.  If you didn't just win the lottery though, any donation, from $5 to $5,000, will help us on our way so that you and everyone else can receive a portrait, and paint a picture of who we are now.

So let's do it, Brooklyn.  Let's do it for Crown Heights.

Peace,
Rusty Zimmerman

Log-in to :