Posted on:May 6, 2016
Image by Rosemary Meza-DesPlas, "Look Like a Woman, I Cut Like a Buffalo" Watercolor, 10" x 8"
Theme: Amos Eno Gallery is currently seeking artists to apply for an upcoming show of work that explores guns and gun violence. Guns are accepted as a method of keeping "Peace" while at the same time widely acknowledged as instruments of chaos when used outside of state control. And yet, access to guns in other cultures is a sign of autonomy and resistance to oppression. Art may be the best way to explore this multivalence, hence, "The Gun Show".
*All who apply will have at least one work included in the show.
Curator: Mary Gagler, independent curator and director of Mikhail Zakin Gallery and Amos Eno Gallery.
Terms: Open to All Media. Sculpture stands and multimedia equipment must be provided by the artist. Artists must be available to deliver and retrieve their work on the appointed days. If shipping is necessary, all shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist. Shipped work must include a pre-paid return-shipping label or will not be exhibited. Amos Eno Gallery receives 35% commission on all sales.
Deadline: June 1, 2016 at midnight
Entry fee: $40 (up to six artworks)
List of important dates taking place at Amos Eno Gallery on the lower level at 56 Bogart Street, Brooklyn, NY 11206:
- July 2 - July 23, 2016: Exhibition on view
- Sunday, June 26, 11 AM - 6 PM: Art delivery day
- Friday, July 8, 7-9 PM: Artists reception
- Friday, July 15, open 'til 9 PM: Bushwick Hot Summer Nights event
- Sunday, July 24, 11 AM - 6 PM: Art retrieval day
DOES YOUR WORK FIT?
- Artwork must be under 30" in any dimension including frame.
- Work must explore an aspect of guns or gun violence.
- Amos Eno Gallery reserves the right to reject work that does not fit these criteria.
Applications are due by Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at midnight.