The Morbid Anatomy Museum
Tamara LaDonna Moving Spirits, Inc.
SYMPHONY IN D MINORChris Klapper and Patrick Gallagher
THE ALZHEIMER'S POETRY PROJECT (APP)Photo by Sonia Chavez
KEVIN WHITEThe Wayfaring Zombie
What is fiscal sponsorship?
Fiscal sponsorship allows individuals and emerging organizations without 501c3 status to raise funds for nonprofit activities through tax-deductible, charitable contributions from individuals as well as foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Activities are considered nonprofit in nature when they are undertaken for the greater good of the public and community, rather than for the financial benefit of individuals or shareholders.
Please note, fiscal sponsorship is NOT a grant program. It is a tool for you to use as part of your own fundraising efforts. So you still have to go out and find the money; fiscal sponsorship just allows you to offer donors a way to contribute that is tax-deductible.
Learn more about the fiscal sponsorship field.
What does BAC Fiscal Sponsorship provide sponsees?
- Accept tax-deductible contributions on your behalf from foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals.
- Accept credit card contributions through our website (additional fees may apply).
- Offer advice on project management and development, including fundraising guidance through reviews of your fundraising plans, appeals and proposals.
- Help promote your project through our website, E-newsletter and social media.
- Host special networking and professional development workshops for sponsees.
- Send you a quarterly newsletter just for sponsees with information about upcoming events, opportunities and related news.
- Help connect you to the many other services BAC offers.
What does BAC charge for this service?
- We keep 6% of all funds we accept on your behalf.
- You will also cover any fees we incur related to your project, e.g., for credit card processing (currently an additional 4.5% + $.50 per transaction), bank fees for bounced checks, etc.
Why choose BAC Fiscal Sponsorship?
There are a number of other fiscal sponsors. Here are some of the reasons people choose BAC:
- We offer individual attention and personalized service. We work with a limited number of projects, so we get to know you and your needs.
- Friendly, accessible service: we put you in direct contact with our fiscal sponsorship team—Morgan Lindsey Tachco and Melissa Estro—allowing you to get answers quickly.
- We’re trustworthy and reliable. BAC has a nearly 50 year track record of supporting Brooklyn artists and cultural groups. We have the capacity to manage the money you raise responsibly.
- We offer helpful online fundraising tools, including your own online giving page, downloadable widgets to add to your own site, and options for setting up goals/progress bars, custom giving levels, social media tie-ins, and more.
- Competitive pricing: we try to keep our fees low, since know that raising money is hard enough.
BAC programs are made possible, in part, with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the New York City Council.