Arts+ Innovation Incubator
Black Girls Sew
Brooklyn Americana Music Festival
Jamel Gaines' Creative Outlet Dance Theater of Brooklyn
Moth Migration Project
THE ALZHEIMER'S POETRY PROJECT (APP)Photo by Sonia Chavez
What is Arts+ Innovation Incubator Program
The Arts+ Innovation Incubator is a fiscal sponsorship program that allows individuals and emerging organizations without 501(c)(3) status to raise funds for nonprofit activities through tax-deductible, charitable contributions from individuals as well as foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Activities are considered nonprofit in nature when they are undertaken for the greater good of the public and community, rather than for the financial benefit of individuals or shareholders.
Please note, fiscal sponsorship is NOT a grant program. It is a tool for you to use as part of your own fundraising efforts. So you still have to go out and find the money; fiscal sponsorship just allows you to offer donors a way to contribute that is tax-deductible.
Learn more about the fiscal sponsorship field.
What does BAC Arts+ Innovation Incubator provide members?
- Accept tax-deductible contributions on your behalf from foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals.
- Accept credit card contributions through our website (additional fees may apply).
- Offer advice and coaching on project management and development, including fundraising guidance through reviews of your fundraising plans, appeals and proposals.
- Help promote your project through our website, E-newsletter and social media.
- Host special networking and professional development workshops for sponsees.
- Help connect you to the many other services BAC offers.
Who Can Apply for Arts+ Innovation Incubator?
The Arts+ Innovation Incubator is designed to support individuals and emerging organizations with arts and culture projects with strong artistic merit.
- Artistic projects that are undertaken by individual artists or collectives who are New York City based;
- Activities of cultural organizations that are in the process of incorporating as nonprofits;
- Specific cultural projects undertaken by for-profit organizations that are nonprofit in nature and demonstrate strong benefit to New York City residents.
Projects and emerging organizations must have a minimum budget of $5,000. Student projects are not eligible.
What does BAC charge for this service?
- We keep 6% of all funds we accept on your behalf.
- You will also cover any fees we incur related to your project, e.g., for credit card processing, bank fees for bounced checks, etc.
- Credit Card processing fees are incurred through Stripe, a third-party service used by GiveLively:
- 2.2% + $.30 for MasterCard and Visa transactions
- 3.5% for American Express
- 0.8% capped at $5 for ACH payments
Why choose BAC Arts+ Innovation Incubator
There are a number of other fiscal sponsors. Here are some of the reasons people choose BAC:
- We offer individual attention and personalized service. We work with a limited number of projects, so we get to know you and your needs.
- Friendly, accessible service: we put you in direct contact with our fiscal sponsorship team allowing you to get answers quickly.
- We’re trustworthy and reliable. BAC has a 50 year track record of supporting Brooklyn artists and cultural groups. We have the capacity to manage the money you raise responsibly.
- We offer helpful online fundraising tools, including your own online giving page, downloadable widgets to add to your own site, and options for setting up goals/progress bars, custom giving levels, social media tie-ins, and more.
- Competitive pricing: we try to keep our fees low, since know that raising money is hard enough.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All applications will be reviewed by an internal panel of BAC staff members.
To apply for fiscal sponsorship, you will need to complete the online Fiscal Sponsorship Application Form (above, right) and submit it electronically.
Each member of the Arts+ Innovation Incubator program is expected to submit a final report 30 days before the end of their contract period.
The report must be completed both for those renewing and not renewing sponsorship.Read More