Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC) is proud to announce the six recipients of BAC's East Brooklyn Capacity Building Award, a one-time grant for East Brooklyn-based organizations whose primary mission is to provide arts and cultural activities that are open to the public. Funded by JPMorgan Chase Foundation, these grants support projects that contribute to the overall stabilization and growth of the awarded organization and that allow the organization to move onto the next level of success in achieving their mission.
Funds were awarded for the following projects:
- ARTs East New York: Purchase and implementation of the organization’s first development database.
- Flex Program: Expansion of an organization-specific outreach program and upgrades of their marketing and promotion collateral materials.
- Haiti Cultural Exchange: Support for the creation of the organization’s first strategic plan.
- Norte Maar: Hiring an experienced development consultant for the first time in the organization’s 13 year history.
- Rooted Theater Company: Website, Outreach, Technological and Support for the only existing theater company in East New York.
- Wyckoff House Museum: Support for an interpretive plan and didactic materials to enable more visitors to visit and learn about a historical museum in Canarsie.